- Two of my favorite things in life: travel and fitness. Sometimes, they don’t go together… and on a recent trip to Budapest, I found myself in a challenging position…trying to figure out how to get in a good workout at the hotel gym.
Here’s the problem… after 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill or elliptical… I don’t know what to do. Back at home, I have a morning routine that consists of an intense indoor cycling or yoga class, but when I’m traveling abroad, that’s not really an option.
So what’s a girl to do when she finds herself sitting on the floor at the hotel gym, stretching and staring at those intimidating machines and dumbbells? You text your bf — who happens to be a fitness expert — and ask him to come up with a series of 3 to 4 exercises to work on your arms and booty (hey, what girl doesn’t want to tone up her triceps and lift up her derrière?)
The bf came to the rescue and not only texted me a list of things to do via WhatsApp… but he also took a video of himself demonstrating each exercise while he was on vacation in Upstate New York.
Here’s a video of what he suggested… hope it helps you as much as it helped me.
#stayinshape #travelworkout #workoutontheroad #workoutabroad #workoutoverseas #hotelgym #bootyandarms
Thanks for keeping me in shape while abroad Brett!
4 exercises for 4 rounds
45 sec per exercise
15 sec rest btwn exercises
60 sec rest btwn rounds
20 mins total
1. Dumbbell Band Squat (dumbbell at chest, band around knees) / 10-15 lb DB / medium strength band / 10-12 reps / slow on way down
2. Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Row (triangle grip with hands) / 8-12 lb DB / 10-12 reps / slow on way down
3. Alternating Capoeira Reverse Lunge (optional knee + extra lunge) / Bodyweight only / as many reps in 45 secs / palm to floor on way down
4. Alternating One-Arm Plank (option to kick leg through) / Bodyweight only / as many reps in 45 sec / do not rotate hips when lifting hand or kicking leg