The Angie Thornbury Memorial Scholarship Program was established to provide an education-assistance program for men and women of all ages who are attending or planning to attend college/university, trade, or vocational school during their next school year.
My mom, Angie, was a lifelong learner. Before she started a successful interior design and furniture business, she graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in the Arts from UCLA. Later, in her late 60s, she returned to graduate school at USC’s Iovine and Young Academy. While fighting pancreatic cancer and going through chemo, she bravely finished her classes and completed the program. While she passed away shortly before graduation, she was posthumously awarded a Master of Science Degree in Integrated Design, Business and Technology.
We hope this scholarship will continue her legacy by touching the lives of many students and helping them achieve their higher education goals as Angie had intended.
2. Student must be a citizen or resident of the United States.
3. Student must have been accepted in an accredited trade school or a two or four-year college or university in the United States for the upcoming Fall semester.
4. Student must write a 200-word essay explaining why he/she should be awarded the scholarship and how it will assist in their career plans. Please email the essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
The following documents are required to apply for a Scholarship.
All information will be treated confidentially.
1. Proof of acceptance to a college or university
2. Grade transcripts from high school plus any college courses completed as of the application date (only if applicable).
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by June 30, 2022.
For the school year beginning this Fall 2022, Softub Spas plans to select two students, each of whom will receive a one-time award of $1,000.00 for use towards higher education. Recipients receiving the scholarship may use the money for tuition, books, and fees. Awards will be announced by July 31, 2022.
The scholarship committee will be reviewing applications and selecting two recipients of the Angie Thornbury Memorial Scholarship Program. In future years, Softub Spas may budget more or less for scholarships, depending on the success of the program and the company’s financial ability. Students may apply every year if they meet the above-stated requirements.
Softub Spas is proud to now offer this award to the public. The scholarship fund was originally started after Angie’s husband and founder of the company passed away from ALS in 2017. Like Angie, Tom was a big proponent of higher education. He attended MIT and then graduated with an engineering degree from USC. Both Tom and Angie believed that education was the key to success.
Stay up to date on all things Liberte by signing up for her mailing list.