29 Dec How To Make Your Mani Last
Michelle Saunders, nail expert and manicurist to the stars, makes a living working with A-list celebrities (Lady Gaga, Kate Beckinsale and Pink to name a few), so you can better believe she knows how to paint a perfect ten and make it last.
Q: What are your top five tips to help make your manicure last?
A: A decent manicure should last about five days, sometimes more depending on the health of your nail.
1) If polishing your own nails, be sure to apply all polish to a clean, dry nail bed.
2) Use a quality base coat and apply evenly. I like First Base by essie.
3) Of course a lighter shade of polish will appear to last longer than a darker one (chips are more obvious on a darker manicure) so if longer wear is your goal choose a sheer shade.
4) I have a secret to share, use two top coats! (especially on brighter shades) This will ensure a more durable manicure. Let each coat dry in between application.
5) To make a salon manicure last longer, add an extra top coat 1 day after your manicure and another coat on the third day!
Michelle’s clients include Lady Gaga, Kate Beckinsale and Pink
Michelle Saunders, Nail Expert