29 Sep Protein-Packed, Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
Posted at 03:13h in Food/Fitness, Life of Liberte 0 Comments
You know you love to eat something when you start batch cooking it every few days. Maybe it’s the cooler weather or just the fact that it’s tasty, but right now, I’m loving a warm bowl of spaghetti bolognese made with high protein pasta (it’s made out of soybeans!) and plant-based ground beef (it’s made out of peas!).
Here is a super easy recipe that takes less than 20 minutes to cook and packs a ton of protein and fiber into one meal. Hope you like it as much as me 🙂
- Seapoint Farms Fettuccine or Spaghetti
- Beyond Meat Ground Beef
- Nutritional Yeast, Bob’s Red Mill
- Olive Oil
- Red Sauce (store bought or from scratch, it’s up to you)
- Boil a large pot of boiling salt water. Once water is boiling, turn off the heat and add Seapoint Edamame Spaghetti. Let the pasta sit for 6-8 minutes and strain in colander (follow package instructions).
- Add a light spray of olive oil to a large skillet and heat. Add onion and garlic and sauce over medium heat until onions become soft. Add the package of Beyond Meat Beefy Crumble (follow package instructions for exact timing). Once meat is cooked, add store bought red sauce (or add your own that you made from scratch… I just buy a jar from the store or I’d share my recipe).
- Add 3 – 4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Add pasta to skillet to warm up the spaghetti and coat with the sauce
Facebook Comments Box