29 Dec Q&A WITH KTLA'S JESSICA HOLMES
If you turn on Channel 5 in Los Angeles from 7am – 10am during the week, you can’t help but smile as you watch News Anchor Jessica Holmes. The petite blonde radiates happiness and has the ability to talk about a fun, swimsuit segment and seamlessly switch gears and deliver the latest breaking news without missing a beat. This girl has serious grace under pressure and also has an amazing sense of style. And, I’m also happy to report that she is just as sweet off-air as she is on-air.
Q&A WITH KTLA’S JESSICA HOLMES
Q: What’s your on-air signature look? What are your favorite brands or places to shop?
A: I’d say my signature look is mixing and matching pieces. I like separates as opposed to dresses because you can mix up the pieces and get different looks. My favorite places to shop would be J.Crew, Zara and Asos which is an online shop…I get a lot of pieces from there and they have free return shipping which is a must!
Q: What does your weekend wardrobe consist of and how is it different from when you’re on the clock?
A: My daytime weekend look is very casual…relaxed jeans or leggings with sneakers. Weekend nights I’ll thrown on a pair of heels with jeans to go to dinner but flats are usually my friend on the weekends!
Q: What are your top 5 products that you always keep in your makeup bag?
A: My make up bag is always with me! I am very pale…some might say ghostly without my make up on! I have dry skin so moisturizer is a must. You said top five but I threw in an extra. Here are my top six!
1) I wear an SPF moisturizer every morning…right now I’m wearing a Neutrogena sunscreen for the face SPF 30.
2) I just discovered a new under eye cream that I love because it provides a barrier for fine lines so your under eye concealer goes on smooth…it’s Dermalogica multivitamin power firm (it’s pricey but a little goes a long way so it lasts a while).
3) I have dark circles under my eyes so concealer is my friend. I like Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer. I use light golden and it has really good coverage without getting stuck in the fine lines.
4) I have very small eyebrows. I don’t pluck them so I don’t know where they went but they’re very sparse! These days it’s all about a full brow so I use an angled brow brush and Blonde powder from Anastasia, you can get it at Sephora.
5) I found great eyeliner at CVS it’s Selma Hayek’s line and they are $5 so I got 2 a brown and black.
They stay put but are also smudgeable!
6) And make up artists have opened my eyes to what’s called a “stippling brush.” It’s great for getting a natural flushed cheek with your powder blush. They sell them at cosmetic stores.
Q: What advice can you give working women who are looking to incorporate some of their personal style into their working environment, without crossing the line and looking inappropriate?
A: When it comes to personal style in the workplace…I always think it’s important to wear something that makes you feel comfortable in your own skin and confident. I love buying some great staples like nicely fitted blazers. There is something about a sharp blazer that makes you feel strong and feminine and it’s always appropriate. You can wear it with jeans or dresses and it always works! Comfortable heels are essential at work because you hate to see a woman who is uncomfortable in her heels. You feel her pain!
My other tip is to only buy things that fit properly. If you are going to be tugging on it or pulling it up or down all day, you won’t feel comfortable. I am always tempted to buy something because it’s 50% off but if it doesn’t fit properly, it just ends up sitting in the closet and then I just wasted that money, which is always a bummer.