13 Nov Vegan Makeup With A Bold Statement, Try Kat Von D Beauty
If you’re looking for long lasting, highly pigmented makeup that lasts all day, look no further than Kat Von D Beauty. The names of her colors are a little suggestive, playful and racy. While the color descriptions are naughty, her line is super nice when it comes to animals… it’s 100% vegan and cruelty-free; that means it’s not tested on animals and none of the products are derived from animals.
Here’s what Los Angeles makeup artist, Chanty LaGrana used to create this bold, on-air look that lasted all day.
- Fixation for the base
- Knotty over the crease
- Suspension on the edge for a bold look
- Rope in the center of the eye for a sexy shimmer
- Chastity to highlight in the teardrop corner for a sultry look
- Rubber under eyes to create a soft, but statement look
- Trooper Black for the top cat eye
Icing on the Cake:
- Wispy Lashes
- Metal Crush Gravitron
- Super Brow Long Wear Pomade in Light Brown (it stays all day!)
I asked Chanty a couple questions about Kat Von D’s collection and here’s what she had to say:
Q: What’s different about Kat Von D’s makeup line compared to others?
A: Her products are highly pigmented so you don’t have to use a lot and they last all day so you don’t have to keep reapplying product.
Q: What do you like best about her line?
A: I love that it’s a high quality line that doesn’t test on animals. I also love that the names are fun and risqué.
Btw – November is World Vegan Month… even if you’re not vegan, I encourage you to eat one vegan (100% plant-based) meal with a friend. If you live in the LA area, a couple of my favorite vegan spots:
- Crossroads Kitchen, Los Angeles: An award-winning vegan restaurant serving tasty Mediterranean meals… I promise you won’t miss the meat!
- Gracias Madre, West Hollywood: Vegan cuisine inspired by the kitchens of Mexico… their food is super yummy and there’s a beautiful outdoor dining space