26 Jan Yes, You Can Live Happily Ever After…
Marrying my husband, Luis, was a dream come true. He is truly the most considerate, kind, compassionate and passionate man I’ve ever met and I’m so grateful I get to spend the rest of my life with him.
There was a lot of planning and effort that went into our big day, but I can honestly say when I look back on the event, it was worth it. Our wedding was absolutely perfect; I just wish it lasted longer!
Here are some highlights from the day I said, “I do.”
In case you want to see even more pics, here’s a link to the Wedding Gallery
My team who helped make it happen:
- Jeannie Young Savage, Wedding Planner
- John and Joseph, Photographers
- Lisa Calderon, Hairstylist (2 looks)
- Chanty La Grana, Makeup Artist
- Julie Harris Designs, Custom Veil
- Kinsley James, Wedding Dress + Reception Dress
- Deborah Lindquist, Emerald Green “Bridesmaid” Dresses
- Jeannie Savage, Wedding Planner; Details Details — If you are planning a wedding or any big event, you want Jeannie by your side. She is a master when it comes to creating a timeline of events and everything was executed with ease. She is the queen of details and helped me with EVERYTHING from choosing musical entertainment, flooring (Chiavari Chair Rentals), florals, and even helped ensure proper grammar was used on the invitations and menu cards (I have to give credit to the design to Alicia (Luis’ daughter), who created the cards and did an amazing job). Jeannie also has a rockstar team who anticipates your needs. I have to give a special thanks to Christine for being my shadow on the big day; she’s a tiny, pint size woman who was with me the second I was hair and makeup ready; she helped me with everything from straightening out my train for pictures, to putting on my heel protectors so I didn’t sink into the grass while wearing stiletto. She also made sure I stayed hydrated for the big day. If there’s one thing I learned, when you wear a beautiful gown and are determined to look and feel your best, you need the extra help.
- John and Joseph, Photographers – My team of photographers knocked it out of the park. John and Joseph are two brothers who are passionate about their work. They give incredible direction and made our wedding shoot easy. They captured beautiful moments that tell a story. My only predicament…which one do I frame?
- Lisa Calderon, Hairstylist — I met Lisa when we were both in our 20s and immediately after my first appointment with her, I adored her. She’s incredible when it comes to hair and has a mouth like a sailor and says it like it is, which I appreciate. She has been in charge of my hair for a decade and can whip up an updo in minutes, which is a good thing since I had two, different hair styles on my special day. For the ceremony, she created a classic half-up, half-down style and added extensions because I wanted to create some length. She also swept up my hair in a chic and clean bun for a timeless, formal vibe for the reception and added a birdcage veil. She has also become one of my closest friends, so it was fitting that she and her hubby were both guests at our wedding.
- Chanty La Grana, Makeup Artist — I met Chanty at the KTLA studio almost 10 years ago. She’s an incredible makeup artist and sweet soul who I love to be around. She made me feel beautiful and elevated my look on my special day.
- Julie Harris Designs, Custom Veil Designer — Julie is truly a master at her craft. From the moment I met her, I knew I had found the right designer. She makes the process of creating a custom veil easy, fun and memorable. She knows EVERYTHING about veils and takes special care when it comes to detail. From the color (did you know some women choose, blue, pink or even black veils?!), to the length, and appliqué, I LOVED my veil. And, she even named it after me, my veil is called the Liberté Rose.
- Angel cut
- Drop veil
- Waltz Length (54” long, so for most women, it hits the back of your knee)
- Two tiers – blusher
- Light Ivory
- Sequin sparkle appliqué rose vines
- Kinsley James, A Couture Bridal Salon — This bridal boutique has SO MANY beautiful dresses! The hardest part was choosing one…so I didn’t, instead, I chose two.
Wedding Dress: Angel Rivera
Reception Dress: Neta Ben Shabu
- Deborah Lindquist Designs, Bridesmaid Dresses— While I didn’t have a wedding party with traditional bridesmaids (I’ve been a bridesmaid enough times to know what it takes, so instead of putting my friends to work, I let them enjoy themselves on my special day). However, I did have two special family members who helped me immensely and I felt compelled to dress them in matching emerald green slip dresses by Deborah Lindquist, which I know they will wear again(!).
Facebook Comments Box