09 May My Favorite Homemade Vegan Carrot Banana Bread
Posted at 19:57h in Fashion Blog, Food/Fitness 0 Comments
This carrot banana bread will make you do the happy dance
It’s vegan and on the healthier side when it comes to baked goods, but I promise, it’s delicious.
It’s also made with einkorn flour, which is an ancient variety of wheat that many people with gluten intolerance can tolerate (my husband has gluten sensitivity but has no issues when he eats einkorn).
- 2 cups einkorn flour
- 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (or plant milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut or avocado oil
- 3 medium bananas
- 3 carrots
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grate your carrots, add very ripe bananas, and mash
- In a different mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and mix to combine. Then add milk, oil, and monk fruit sweetener, flax seeds, carrots, and bananas.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Test with a toothpick; it should come out clean when finished baking.
Optional Lemon Coconut Butter Frosting
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid, not melted
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
Facebook Comments Box