09 May Who Wants Dessert For Breakfast?
If you want to feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast, try Carrot Cake Overnight Oats!
It’s filling because it’s full of fiber and you feel like you’re eating something indulgent because it literally tastes like carrot cake.
Enjoy cold or warm it up in the microwave if you like eating your oats hot.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup (substitute with a few drops of stevia if you don’t want the added sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 large dates (or ¼ cup raisins)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (or walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (or almond milk)
- Add oats, carrots, maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice), vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, dates (or raisins), pumpkin seeds (or walnuts), unsweetened coconut, and a pinch of salt to a medium mixing bowl. Add plant milk and stir until combined.
- Transfer to smaller containers or leave in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours).
- Enjoy hot or cold!