09 May A Golden Breakfast
If you’re looking for something that’s healthy, delicious, and filling for breakfast, look no further than Golden Milk Yogurt. It’s easy to make and packed with nutrients. All you do is add turmeric, cinnamon, fresh ginger, and maple syrup (or stevia if you’re avoiding sugar) and add it to a bowl of yogurt. I use store-bought coconut yogurt, but you can use any yogurt of your choice (plain or coconut would be ideal in my opinion 😉).
The combination of turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger has been called the superfood dream team as all of these spices contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
I top off my yogurt with fresh mango and unsweetened, shredded coconut, but you can add any fresh fruit of your choice.
- 2 cups dairy-free coconut yogurt (enough for 2-3 people)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- top with fresh mango and shredded, unsweetened coconut