12 Jul Showered With Love; A Pre-Wedding Celebration
There was plenty of sunshine and lots of love at our pre-wedding celebration over the weekend.
Since the man and I are not having a traditional bachelorette/bachelor party, bridal shower, or engagement party, we decided to lump all the celebrations together and throw a Pre-Wedding Celebration at our house.
Our one party game? Cake Tasting! Instead of us choosing the flavors for our wedding cake, we enlisted our guests for help. Our pastry chef, Julie Jangali, who creates custom cakes and edible art for clients across Southern California, baked five cakes for the party. Each guest was given a small slice of each cake and after sampling each one, I informally collected all the data.
The Five Flavors:
1. Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling
2. Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Filling
3. Vanilla Cake with Lemon Curd Buttercream and Fresh Raspberries
4. Gluten Free/Vegan Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Filling (dairy in frosting)
5. Chocolate Cake with Pistachio Amarillo Cherry Filling
The Three Winners:
- Vanilla Cake with Lemon Curd Buttercream and Fresh Raspberries
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Filling
- Gluten Free/Vegan Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Filling (dairy in frosting)
Edible Art: Julie Jangali, @Desserts_1st
Caterer: The Kitchen Remedy
A few good folks from KTLA
Alicia aka “Little One”
Big brother, Cory, Auntie Bonnie (my mom’s sister) and our cousin, Tania
My cousin, Tania
Big brother, Cory, Luis, Auntie Bonnie, Cousin Tania & her husband, Paul
Bubble Machines: Party Works Interactive